Heavy Bag Hanger | Heavy Bag Wall Mount | Hanging a Heavy Bag
Sale Price: $54.99
List Price: $67.99
Sale Price: $18.99
List Price: $23.99
Sale Price: $51.99
List Price: $58.99
Prior to purchasing a heavy bag, you need to give careful consideration to how you will mount it. There are several options for mounting a punching bag available to you. The one you choose will depend on space and construction details. Keep the following in mind when considering the best hanger to purchase:
- 1. Hanging a heavy bag from the ceiling is one option. There are two methods for securing the heavy bag from above, the joist hanger, designed to fasten between two joists, or the beam hanger. Most beam hangers are designed to bolt directly into a ceiling beam, while others are designed to fit around exposed beams.
- 2. Once you've decided on the best mount to use, you should consider two other items to add to the mounting assembly - a swivel and a spring.
- 3. A heavy bag spring absorbs some of the shock from the bag when struck, reducing stress on the beams. Vibration and noise are reduced as well.
- 4. A heavy bag swivel will help to keep the mounting chains tangle free during use.
- 5. If ceiling mounts aren't feasible, then a wall mount may be the solution. These attach directly to the wall and extend about 30 inches out. Well made steel models can hold up to a 100 pound bag.
- 6. If structural mounting is out altogether, then something like the Everlast Dual Station Heavy Bag Stand may be the answer. Accommodating both a heavy bag up to 100 pounds and a speed bag, this free standing unit adjusts up to 84 inches in height and has three weight plate pegs for added stability.